Description and Temperament
DS: "French in origin, poodles are highly intelligent and physically capable. They make excellent show dogs."
3DS (NTSC): "This toy breed originated in France and is known for its cuddly, plush coat."
3DS (PAL): "This toy breed originated in France and is known for its thick fluffly coat."
The Toy Poodle is one of the brightest and easiest breeds to train, as it is the second smartest breed in the world, losing only to the Border Collie. It is alert, responsive, playful, lively, sensitive, and eager to please. Originally, the Standard Poodle was bred as a European water retriever and hunting dog, with its name being German for "Puddle." It was then bred down to Toy and Miniature sizes, which would not be as good hunters but are better for pets.
Unlocking the Breed
- Labrador & Friends: Starter Breed
- Dachshund & Friends: 22,000 Trainer Points
- Chihuahua & Friends: 8,000 Trainer Points
- Dalmatian & Friends: 14,000 Trainer Points
- Best Friends: 8,000 Trainer Points
- Toy Poodle & New Friends: Starter Breed
- French Bulldog & New Friends: 9,800 Owner Points or play 31 days in a row
- Golden Retriever & New Friends: 9,800 Owner Points or play 31 days in a row
Two neighbors in Nintendogs + Cats own a Toy Poodle.
- Sammy, owned by Ted
- Buster, owned by Tyrone
- In Nintendogs + Cats, the black fluffy muzzle poodle doesn't seem to be as dark as the black clipped muzzle poodle.