DS: "This sheepdog hails from Britain and is beloved by English royalty. It has stamina on par with larger breeds."
3DS: "This short-legged herder from Wales is light on its feet and has the stamina of larger dogs."
The Pembroke Wesh Corgi is one of the two representative species of the Welsh Corgi dog breed; the other being the Cardigan Welsh Corgi. Queen Elizabeth II of England also owned a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, which must of been the reason why they are so popular on the Internet. They can be quite stubborn at times, so early training is a must. They also shed a lot, so they are not a good pet for people with allergies. They are very outgoing and alert, so they must need to be outside very often.
Famous Pembroke Welsh Corgis include the many owned by Queen Elizabeth II of England and Ein the datadog from the anime Cowboy Bebop.
Corgis are famous for competing in various dog sports due to being highly intelligent, tenacious, and willing dogs. If you ask them to do something, they will do it!
Unlocking the BreedEdit
- Labrador & Friends: Starter Breed
- Chihuahua & Friends: 20,000 Trainer Points
- Dalmatian & Friends: 10,000 Trainer Points
- Dachshund & Friends: 10,000 Trainer Points
- Best Friends: 22,000 Trainer Points
- Toy Poodle & New Friends: Starter Breed
- Golden Retriever & New Friends: 7,400 Owner Points or play 25 days in a row
- French Bulldog & New Friends: 2,100 Owner Points or play 11 days in a row
Nintendogs + CatsEdit
In the sequel, Nintendogs + Cats, the Corgi comes in Sable & White and Tricolor. If the player chooses "Surprise me!" they may find a white Corgi with black patches, a white Corgi with black and brown patches, or a pure white Corgi.
- Max/Pirat, owned by Carmen/Tanya