The German Shepherd Dog is a breed of dog in Nintendogs and its 3DS sequel. It is, like the Great Dane, incredibly good at disk catching. It has a very high jump that takes very little training to perfect. Many believe it is more intelligent than other breeds because of the description, but nobody knows if this is true.
DS: "This herder hails from Germany. Its high intelligence makes it a good rescue dog, among other things."
3DS: "This herder hails from Germany. Its high intelligence makes it a good rescue dog."
The German Shepherd is a very brave, intelligent and determined breed that can run at high speeds and leap amazing heights, making it an excellent Disc Competition competitor. These features, along with its sharp sense of smell, have allowed it to be a favored breed in taking on a variety of life-saving jobs such as service-animal work, bomb detection and search-and-rescue. The German Shepherd is also known for its use in military and police settings. It is the second most popular breed for pet dog in the United States.
Unlocking the Breed
- Chihuahua & Friends: Starter Breed
- Dalmatian & Friends: Starter Breed
- Labrador & Friends: 4,000 Trainer points
- Dachshund & Friends: 30,000 Trainer Points
- Best Friends: Starter Breed
- Toy Poodle & New Friends: 7,400 Owner Points or play 25 days in a row
- Golden Retriever & New Friends: 2,100 Owner Points or play 11 days in a row
- French Bulldog & New Friends: Starter Breed
Nintendogs + Cats
In Nintendogs + Cats, the German Shepherd comes in Black & Tan and Sable. If the player chooses "Surprise me!" they may find a pure black German Shepherd, a blue German Shepherd, or a pure white German Shepherd. The white German Shepherd resembles the Berger Blanc Suisse or the German White Shepherd.
- Trouble, owned by Arnie
- Logan, owned by David
- Rex/Billy, owned by Conner/Adriano
- King Tut, owned by H. Hoover (SpotPass DLC in U.S.)
- Major, owned by FDR (SpotPass DLC in U.S.)
- Clipper, owned by JFK (SpotPass DLC in U.S.)