Café Petrov is a café in Nintendogs + Cats that sells food for dogs at a low price. It can be accessed by walking to the brown sign in Downtown Route. When the player enters the café, they will meet the barista named Ellie. They can buy an item from the menu for their dog in order to access the café room.
|Doggie Mont Blanc & Tea/Juice/Coffee||$7|
|Doggie Shortcake & Tea/Juice/Coffee||$6|
|Doggie Custard & Tea/Juice/Coffee||$5|
The combination of the food and drinks will be different every time the player enters the café, and the more expensive the treat, the more owner points it gives.
The player's dog will eat whatever food the player has ordered. Unfortunately, the café food is very fattening; it is best for the player to avoid going if they want to help their pet lose weight. If the pet needs to gain weight, however, then it is ideal for them to eat here repeatedly. The food must be eaten in moderation.
If the player has a male dog, eating doggie Mont Blanc will only add 20 owner points, whilst a female dog gets 35 points. On the contrary, a male dog gets the benefit of eating doggie shortcake for 20 points, whilst a female dog only gets 10.
Interacting with Pets
There is a male orange-pointed Longhaired cat in the Cafe Petrov named Precious who is Ellie's pet and can be played with. The creators have said that Precious helps encourage the players to buy a cat due to Precious' cuteness (which has been specially designed by the artists). Precious always wears a different accessory for each visit and he seems to be Overfed - likely from eating café food.
The player can come here at random times if they meet a neighborhood friend whose pet gets along well with theirs and play, but Precious will not be present.
- If the player looks at the back of the Maple Leaf Rag Record, there is a picture of some Doggie Shortcake.
- There is a record player on a stand next to the counter with eight records on the rack (four at the top rack and four at the bottom). The records (listed from northwest to southeast,) are Dog & Cat, Telephone, Csikos Post, The Flea Waltz/Stepped on a Cat, Up in the Clouds, Swordplay, Club Dog, and Surprise Beat.
- Whenever the player comes to the café alone with their pet, Precious will always be wearing a different accessory, as stated by some of the Neighbors.
- A dog café appears in Nintendogs, but is only in the background during a walk. The player cannot visit this café.
- In Nintendogs + Cats, since any food or drink items won’t appear in the player’s supply list when they’re out on a walk, going to the cafe and giving the dog treats is the only ways a player can feed their dog outside of their house. However, treats don’t really have much effect on a pet’s overall hunger.